Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New to Blogging

I'm a 29 year old .... well Ive been 29 for about 8 years now lol . As a blogger I'm just a baby. I spent all day today setting up my blogging page to start blogging, the problem being I haven't a clue what to blog about. Sure I can blog on my views of world events or movies, who knows what? except most of the time I'm not always sure how I feel about the things going on around me. or do I? Ive been told that I do have opinions and views on things but I'm afraid to voice these because I would be going against what I was raised to believe... so I'm sitting here unable to sleep and I'm thinking about this. The wise man who said this to me is to often more times right than wrong which can be Very irritating! however I happen to be in love with him so what can I do. hummm maybe listen once in awhile wouldn't hurt lol nuh what fun would that be...

Back to this opinion that I can think for myself. if this is true and I can tell you even I'm starting to believe it... why do you think I never wanted to voice my views? is it that I'm afraid to disappoint my family or am I afraid that what I have to say is a bunch of nonsense... or maybe I never believe that my opinion mattered... then one day about 3 years ago someone (that same irritating gorgeous man) starting making me think about what I truly thought. whenever I would reply "that I didn't know" he'd call me on it, I would then give some short reply in which he would ask me why I thought that? and I would find myself repeating something my mother had told me. hummm am I thinking for myself? not back then no, I would stay out controversial topics unless pushed and then I would just parrot what I had heard my mother say. Now mind you I am not saying my mother is wrong her opinion is her opinion. Im just learning that what I believe and where I stand is different than what I grew up understanding to be the only right opinions.

So the question now is have I always believed in the views that my family has or have I always looked at things differently. I think maybe some of both and neither.
Now do I finally stand on my own two feet so to speak and start voicing my opinions????

The Answer is Yes and this blog will be my mountain top in which to broadcast my opinions from.... stay tuned for more from the BrandyZone


No comments:

Post a Comment